- Brexit-light at the end of the tunnel for UK financial services?
- Lloyd's announces aggregated market loss of £2bn for 2017-the first loss for six years
- London Market agrees a mandate to use electronic placement with a sliding scale by quarter
- ABI and leading UK insurers welcome a Bill to reform the law relating to whiplash claims and the way in which the personal injury Ogden Discount Rate is set
- Insurance Europe develops a template that could help companies meet the obligation under the General Data Protection Regulation(GDPR)
- The Institutes and the International Insurance Society(IIS) announce a strategic affiliation
- gradient A.I., a Milliman predictive analytics platform, now aids management of workers' compensation risk expired
- SSP Keychoice extends long-term relationship with RAC for a further five years expired
- Atradius reports a strong 2017 result expired
- IGI profit dips but 19% growth in GWP expired
- Ping An net profit up 43% in 2017 expired
- Liberty Mutual Specialty Markets appoints Hitchcock to new position of Paris-based Terrorism Underwriter with a European roving role expired
10th January 2018
Coulson appointed CUO of Fidelis Underwriting
Fidelis Insurance has announced the promotion of Richard Coulson to the position of cuo of Fidelis Underwriting Limited(FUL). He takes up this role with immediate effect and will report to Daniel Burrows, ceo of FUL.
Coulson joined Fidelis in June 2015 as head of Specialty and was promoted to director of FUL Underwriting in 2017. Prior to that, he served as executive director of Political Risk, Structured Credit and Surety at RK Harrison. His early career was spent at MMC Capital and Marsh, where he focused on structuring alternative risk transfer, and captive solutions. After Marsh, he spent three years at Hiscox underwriting the company’s space and satellite and offshore energy books–winning the Hiscox Award for Innovation whilst there, before returning to broking and serving as a partner at JLT, specialising in Credit and Political Risk. . Coulson was elected a fellow of both the Chartered Insurance Institute and Chartered Institute of Risk Management eleven years ago and during his career has also won the IRM Award for Risk Analysis excellence and an ABI Young Insurer of the Year award–recognising his work on developing innovative new products within the insurance industry.
Daniel Burrows, ceo of FUL, comments “Rich has ably demonstrated his underwriting acumen and a talent for developing innovative products. He has been integral to the success and growth of FUL’s business. I am delighted to confirm his appointment to this role.”
Fidelis Trends(15 articles)