- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- Swiss Re new sigma study reviews engineering insurance sector trends
- IPCC achieved carbon neutrality at its last plenary session in Paris
- Tough trading times leads to the highest number of UK trade credit insurance claims since 2009
- AXA to partner with ING in six countries to offer P&C, health and protection insurance over a digital platform
- J.D.Power latest US Auto Insurance Study indicates increase in customer satisfaction and telematics
- Guidewire named the winner of two XCelent Awards in EMEA report expired
- iPipeline UK expands quoting capability via SolutionBuilder to include Buildings and Contents expired
- Equitable Life to transfer business to LCCG's Reliance Life expired
- AEGIS London appoints Abel and Farrell Non-Executive Directors expired
- Ironsure announces Head of M&A Insurance, Americas expired
- UK P & I Club launches ‘Investing in a Safer Tomorrow’ competition to coincide with its 150th anniversary expired
10th January 2018
AXIS Capital receives Lloyd's approval to create single Managing Agency structure
AXIS Capital Holdings and its operating subsidiaries have announced that it has received authorization from Lloyd’s for AXIS Managing Agency Ltd to commence management and oversight of Novae Syndicate 2007 and SPS 6129. The authorisation became effective 11st January, and creates a single managing agent structure for AXIS’ operations at Lloyd’s.
Novae Syndicate 2007 and SPS 6129 will operate alongside AXIS Syndicate 1686, which AXIS Managing Agency currently manages. AXIS has initiated plans to consolidate its Lloyd’s business into AXIS Syndicate 1686, under management of AXIS Managing Agency, and anticipates completing that process from 1st January 2019.
“This marks an important milestone in our continued integration of AXIS’ international specialty insurance business with Novae,” said Mark Gregory, ceo, AXIS Managing Agency, and ceo, AXIS Insurance International Division. “We look forward to continuing to provide our customers with a diversified and balanced portfolio of specialist classes.”
AXIS Syndicate 1686 and Novae Syndicate 2007 underwrite specialist classes that include marine, cyber, energy, aviation, terrorism, construction, property, casualty, political risk and political violence, professional indemnity, and reinsurance, among others.
SPS 6129 is a Lloyd’s special purpose syndicate that underwrites US facilities business. It launched in January 2016 as a collaboration between Novae and Securis Investment Partners LLP, an insurance linked securities fund manager.
AXIS Capital Trends(148 articles)